With a medical advisory board of 4 doctors & 4 nurses from around the country we have outlined precautions we are taking to significantly mitigate risk while attending our short in-person classes and enjoy gathering as a musical community.
Kindermusik With Friends holds 45-60 minute classes for Newborns-6.5 Year Olds. The most effective risk mitigation for this age group, for this short amount of time in an indoor space, include physical distancing, air quality, wearing masks and hand hygiene.
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE
- Keeping your distance from people significantly limits the spread of Covid-19.
- To ensure a physical distance of at least 6 feet inside each of our studio spaces, we limit class size to 8 families. This gives ample room for movement while maintaining distance.
- Squares identify space for your family to sit, stand, dance and play while keeping the proper distance away from another family when able.
- Adults and school-aged children will be asked to keep a physical distance of 6 feet when able while in the studio.
- Children under 3.5 years cannot and will not be expected to keep distance but we will discourage touching others when we can and will have a box for instruments that get picked up by others and clean instruments will be available to replace.
- The lobby is closed to any before or after class gathering.
- The individual studio entrances will be clearly marked with a purple sticker with 8 spaces for you to put your bags/shoes/coats. These will be spread out to give more opportunities for distancing in each studio entrance.
WEAR YOUR MASK
- Wearing masks significantly limits the spread of Covid-19. There are NO health risks to wearing a mask for 45-90 minutes of class. Masks are not negotiable.
- Teachers will be wearing properly fitted 2 layer masks with filters & are fully vaccinated.
- Properly fitted masks (ideally with a filter insert) required for anyone 5 years old and older the entire time they are in the building. Specifically:
- Fully covers the nose and mouth and is secure under the chin and sides of face. If your mask slips down off of your nose, it does not fit properly.
- For added security wear a N95 or KN95, a surgical mask, or make sure you have at least 2 cloth layers with a filter insert in your mask.
- Plastic shields, neck gaiters, bandannas, coverings containing valves, mesh or holes of any kind are NOT acceptable face coverings.
- Per the CDC, masks are safe to be worn by anyone OVER 2 years old. If your 2-4-year-old tolerates masks very well, they are strongly encouraged to wear them during our 45-minute class but are not required to.
WASH YOUR HANDS
- When you wash your hands often, you significantly limit the spread of germs.
- We have hand sanitizer stations at each entrance of the studios and inside the studios. Additional stations in the lobby & hall have been added.
- We will require all to sanitize or wash hands before, during and after class.
- Three private bathrooms with soap, hot water, paper towel dispensers and covered garbage bins should provide all necessary for washing hands.
AIR & DISINFECTING
- All materials for class are disinfected and placed in your space after sanitizing our hands.
- ALL used instruments and props washed/disinfected before next use.
- Room purifiers in each studio are on HIGH before, during & after classes.
- HVAC units have MERV-13 filters that are changed once a month and have fans on high to create proper air exchange with the outside.
- Lobby water fountain will remain unplugged. Bring your own labeled water bottle if needed to be sipped in the entrance, not the studio space.
DO NOT ATTEND WHEN ILL
- You and your child may NOT enter the building if you or they are ill.
- With unlimited make-ups and unlimited attendance, you NEVER need to attend class when you or your children are ill.
- If you have ANY question about whether you should attend class due to symptoms, please contact me.
- This policy is very strict and will be reinforced and communicated often. Do not enter the building when you or your child is ill.
Contactless temperature checks will not be taken at the door. These offer poor accuracy when coming in from outside or removing a hat and tend to measure temperatures low. Please take temps daily at home. If it is above 100.4 in the past 2 days, stay home.
Please follow this DECISION TREE with regards to whether to attend class or not. You, your child may NOT enter the building if you or your child could answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, any shortness of breath or a sore throat?
- Have you experienced any recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have thick nasal discharge?
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit today or within the last 48 hours?
If you answer YES to any of the above, you will not be allowed to enter Kindermusik With Friends, but rather you will be encouraged to give consideration to contact your health provider.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in ANY public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable if not vaccinated.
By visiting Kindermusik With Friends you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy.