With a medical advisory board of 4 doctors & 4 nurses from Minnesota and around the country, we have a fluid plan for safely re-opening the Kindermusik With Friends studio to IN PERSON classes.
These new policies will be updated as the medical community learns more and will be adjusted as Covid-19 cases change in our community.
These precautions do change how a Kindermusik class should feel. Like you, we are looking forward to a vaccine and treatment and more time that allows us to be gathering without these limitations. That said, with the adjustments outlined, we’ll be able to significantly mitigate risk to attending our short in-person classes and can once again enjoy gathering as a musical community.
Kindermusik With Friends holds 45-60 minute classes for Newborns-6.5 Year Olds. The most effective risk mitigation for this age group, for this short amount of time in an indoor space, include physical distancing, wearing masks and hand hygiene. We will focus on the 3 Ws: Watch your distance. Wear your mask. Wash your hands.
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE
- We are able to open because keeping your distance from people significantly limits the spread of Covid-19.
- To ensure a physical distance of at least 6 feet inside each of our studio spaces, we will be limiting class size to 8 children and a caregiver. For our drop off classes we will stay at 6 children. This gives ample room for movement while maintaining distance.
- We will no longer be sitting in a circle, squares will identify space for your family to sit, stand, dance and play while keeping the proper distance away from another family when able.
- Adults and school aged children will be asked to keep a physical distance of 6 feet when able while in the studio.
- Children under 3.5 years cannot and will not be expected to keep distance but we will discourage touching when we can and will have a box for instruments that get picked up by others and clean instruments will be available to replace. Bringing your child to class should assume some risk, for our kids will be kids. If you are at all concerned with a baby or toddler wandering into your space, you may want to consider joining us online.
- Lobby will be temporarily closed to any before or after class gathering.
- Caregivers not participating with kids in a drop off class must wait in their cars/run errands or physically distanced in the front entrance watching their child in class if necessary.
- Class start & end times will be staggered in between both studios to limit the amount of families in halls or entrance.
- Enter the building for your class no more than 10 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning between classes. If you arrive at the studio earlier than 10 minutes before your class start time, please wait in your car.
- The individual studio entrances will be clearly marked with a purple sticker with 8 spaces for you to put your bags/shoes/coats. These will be spread out to give more opportunity for distancing in each studio entrance.
WEAR YOUR MASK
- We are able to open because wearing masks significantly limits the spread of Covid-19. There are NO health risks to wearing a mask for 45-60 minutes of class. Masks are not negotiable. If you or your child 5 and older cannot wear a mask for any reason, please register for a live online class.
- Teachers will be wearing properly fitted masks.
- Properly fitted masks required for all adults the entire time they are in the building.Specifically:
- Made of at least two layers of breathable material.
- Fully covers the nose and mouth and is secure under the chin.
- Fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allowed to be hands-free.
- Shields, neck gaiters, bandannas and coverings containing valves, mesh or holes of any kind are NOT acceptable face coverings.
- Per the CDC, masks are safe to be worn by anyone OVER 2 years old. Masks are strongly encouraged but not required between 2-4 years old.
- Children 5 years and up should wear masks for the short time they are in the building, same as adults.
WASH YOUR HANDS
- We are able to open because when you wash your hands and/or use sanitizer OFTEN, you significantly limit the spread of germs.
- We have hand sanitizer stations at each entrance of the studios and inside the studios. We will add an additional station in the lobby at the front door.
- We will require all to sanitize or wash hands before, during and after class.
- Three private bathrooms with soap, hot water, paper towel dispensers and covered garbage bins should provide all necessary for washing hands if you would prefer to wash hands.
DO NOT ATTEND WHEN ILL
- You and your child may NOT enter the building if you or they are ill.
- With unlimited make-ups, unlimited attendance and optional online classes from home, you NEVER need to attend class when you or your children are ill.
- Due to smaller class sizes, it will be more important than ever to let us know when you WILL NOT be attending a class, so that we will be able to offer that spot to another.
- If you have ANY question about whether you should attend class due to symptoms, please contact me.
- Teachers will immediately cancel in person class and may hold online if they are ill or you may attend another class to make up.
- This policy is very strict and will be re-enforced and communicated often. Do not enter the building when you or your child is ill.
Contactless temperature checks will not be taken at the door. These offer poor accuracy when coming in from outside or removing a hat and tend to measure temperatures low. Please take temps daily at home. If it is above 100.4 in the past 2 days, stay home
You, your child and our teachers may NOT enter the building if you or your child could answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, any shortness of breath or a sore throat?
- Have you experienced any recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have thick nasal discharge?
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit today or within the last 48 hours?
If you answer YES to any of the above, you will not be allowed to enter Kindermusik With Friends, but rather you will be encouraged to give consideration to contacting your health provider.
DISINFECTING & CLEANING
- We’ve added 30 minutes between all classes for cleaning and disinfecting.
- ALL bathroom touch points will be disinfected in between classes.
- ALL common touch points will be disinfected in between classes. (door handles, sanitizer stations, light switches, counters, glass, entrances)
- We will vacuum in between classes and steam clean weekly.
- All materials for class are disinfected and placed in your space after sanitizing our hands.
- ALL used instruments and props washed/disinfected before next use.
- Room purifiers/fans will be put on HIGH before and after each class.
- HVAC units have MERV-13 filters that will be changed once a month.
- Lobby water fountain will remain unplugged. Bring your own labeled water bottle if needed.
- Shoes are taken off and coats and bags are hung in each studios entrance. Socks will be required for all adults.
ONLINE MUSIC CLASSES
- We plan on continuing live online classes 3-4 mornings a week for those who wish to continue Kindermusik at home.
- Should we need to add MORE online classes to the schedule, we will do so.
- We will also add online extras for all registered families, like live bedtime stories, dance parties, bingo games, tea parties, snack time, instrument demos, etc.
- Due to this option, we can quickly adjust to ALL live online classes should we need to close the studio to in person classes due to any local community outbreak.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in ANY public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Kindermusik With Friends you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy.