We would like to address some questions that are always asked at this time a year during cold and flu season and also due to the current conversation around coronavirus. Our class policies state to not attend class if you or your child is sick. If you at all feel that you or your child is under the weather, remain home and schedule a makeup class, which are unlimited. DO NOT ATTEND KINDERMUSIK.
We wanted to let everyone know our studio wide procedures for attempting to keep our classrooms as sanitized as possible. While it is scientifically impossible to guarantee you that our instruments and props are 100% sanitized (as in anything else you come in contact with), we do our best to minimize sickness. We spray all instruments and props with Seventh Generation, and tumble dry all fabric items in the dryer. Also on hand in the classroom are sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, soap/water and tissues. If we all make an effort together, we can try to eliminate spreading sickness to each other. I often say that I feel Kindermusik is one of the cleanest places you’ll attend for 60 minutes each week. Think RESTAURANTS, TARGET, GROCERY STORE, CHURCH, etc.
We stand by the most important way to avoid sickness – WASH HANDS!! We ask that before class begins, and after class ends, you and your child wash hands for at least 20 seconds with SOAP and WATER.
Here are some tips from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.